Indestinate have been asked by the Letchworth Garden City BID (Business Improvement District) to provide a website redesign to help with the goal of driving more footfall into Letchworth Garden City and increasing spend with local businesses.
The site design is to provide a contemporary responsive site that provides content to inspire shoppers to the town. The site will provide a creative approach in providing business content, events and news. The new websites objectives are to:
- Create a user focused website which is intuitive to the visitor
- Provide a visually interactive experience which directs to the user to the required content
- Have a single CMS which displays content on PCs, tablets, smartphones and is future proofed for ‘wearables’ and all operating systems
- Provide the opportunity to promote events, news and offers
- Increase visitor traffic to the website and improve organic search results via a strong SEO optimised site
- Provide analytics which will provide insights which can be acted upon
- Provide call to actions and data capture opportunities across the website
Replacing the existing Love Letchworth website, the new website will use a WordPress template powered by the LocationSense database to increase the reach and interaction with local shoppers by improving the google ranking. A key objective is to ensure the website appears on the first page of google for the key search terms, engaging with shoppers and providing the tools to drive increased footfall into the town centre.
Letchworth Garden City is the world’s first Garden City situated in North Hertfordshire. A unique concept in community housing and green belt development, many millions of pounds have been invested in landscaping the area and creating a quality town centre. There is a warmth and dedication to the town that is reflected by a very diverse retail scene and the emerging energy and vigour of a developing night-time economy.
The creation of a new website is part of the delivery of a programme of enhanced services to bring about significant improvements to the trading environment of Letchworth and is part of helping to restore the world’s first Garden City to its place as a unique and inspirational destination for all to enjoy.